Specialty 022 "DESIGN"
Educational Program "Design (by types), specialization 022.04 Industrial Design"
Professional Direction "Industrial Design"
Educational Degrees "Bachelor", "Master"
Аddress: 01011 Kyiv, Mala Shyianovska (Nemyrovycha-Danchenka) Street, 2, academic building 1, room 1-0383, 1-0282
Phone for information: + 38044-256-84-79, + 38044-256-84-77.
E-mail: [email protected]
Levels of education for which recruitment is carried out:
The first (Bachelor's) level of higher education.
Training is conducted by state order and at the expense of individuals or legal entities.
To enter the 1st year for a bachelor's degree in full-time or part-time education, entrants make competitive subjects (EIT) and creative competitions.
To enter for a master's degree, entrants take entrance exams.
Admission to the educational degree "bachelor" and "master" is carried out by the "Rules of admission to the Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design."
Address of preparatory courses for foreign citizens:
Ukraine, 01011, Kyiv, Mala Shyianovska (Nemyrovycha-Danchenka) Street, 2,
Teaching Building №4, room. 4-0312, 4-0314, 4-0316
Tel .: +38 (044) 280-41-42;
+38 (044) 256-21-64;
e-mail: [email protected]
Upon successful completion of their studies, graduates receive a diploma of basic higher education of the established state standard in the specialty 022 Design:
- Bachelor of Design - 4 years of study (full-time or part-time form);
- Master of Design - 1.5 years of study (full-time form).
Students of the Department of Design according to the results of obtaining a bachelor's degree have the opportunity to continue their master's degree in the educational program "Design (by types)", by professional directions "Industrial Design", "Motion Design", "Web Design" and "Photo and Video Design" operating at the department and to obtain the qualification "Master of Design".
Studying in the educational program "Industrial Design" is aimed at training professionals engaged in projecting of complex objects of industrial, social and household purpose, including individual products. In combination with a perspective direction in design which is developing at the department (exhibition design) students in this specialization have the opportunity to participate in projecting objects of international trade and industrial exhibitions.
As the results of training, students of a bachelor's degree acquire the following knowledge and professional skills:
- using in design activity of main means and methods of complex objects creation of industrial, social and household purpose, etc.;
- processing of received materials by means of computer programs;
- free operation of modern computer tools and technologies to support design activities;
- free operation of modern computer tools and technologies to support industrial and lighting design;
- possession of software products Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Muse, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash and Windows Movie Maker;
- on the basis of knowledge of realization and presentation methods of creative information in design projects to implement the principles of preparation of a graphic part of the design project of complex objects of industrial, social and household purpose by means of computer graphics and photo graphics.
Specialists are able to perform professional work as a designer in design bureaus, advertising agencies, media, TV, manufacturing and trading companies, small businesses working in the field of motion and video design, information and telecommunications, arts, advertising activities, entertainment and rest.
The place of professional activity of a designer of industrial products and design objects is:
- design studios, projecting and engineering bureaus, as well as other various organizations and institutions, regardless of ownership, engaged in projecting of new models of industrial products;
- scientific institutions and firms engaged in design projecting in the field of design of industrial, social and household purpose;
- enterprises, firms and organizations engaged in the field of industrial design, mass media covering issues of design and exhibition activity;
- educational institutions of different levels where design issues are studied.
Students of the Department of Design have the opportunity, studying in the 3rd and 4th years, to obtain military education and receive a state diploma.
Students of all forms of education may be admitted to military training (on the basis of the Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design which conducts military training of students under the reserve officer training program together with the National Defense University of Ukraine with subsequent officer rank). Both boys and girls can undergo military training if they wish.
To prepare for admission to the educational program "Industrial Design" the Department of Design organizes preparatory courses, where entrants have the opportunity to prepare for a creative competition (drawing, painting, special composition). The results of the final exam after training in preparatory courses can be considered as entrance (from the creative competition).
All students of the Faculty of Design living in cities and localities outside of Kyiv and Kyiv region are provided with accommodation in a dormitory located near the academic buildings.