The purpose of the Procedure of recognition of foreign documents on education (previously validation) to ensure the rights of citizens who received education in other States for continued education and / or professional activities in Ukraine and is carried out individually.
The result of the recognition procedure the holder of foreign documents on education receives a Certificate that evidences the right of the owner of the documents issued by an educational institution of another state, in further education or employment in a higher educational institution of Ukraine or in institutions throughout Ukraine. The issuance of such Certificate shall be based on the decision of the competent authority - educational institutions or the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine.
The procedure of recognition of foreign documents on education includes: authentication of documents, confirmation of the status of educational institutions and / or Programs, assessment of qualifications or period of study, and establishment of equivalence of educational or educational-professional degree in Ukraine, academic and / or professional rights.
The procedure for recognition of foreign educational documents in the KNUTD is carried out in accordance with the Constitution of Ukraine, the Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region (Lisbon, April 11, 1997), which has been in force in Ukraine since December 3, 1999; Convention on the Recognition of Courses, Diplomas of Higher Education and Degrees in the Countries of the European Region (Paris, 21 December 1979), in force in Ukraine since 11 January 1982; The Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization of Foreign Official Documents (The Hague, October 5, 1961), to which Ukraine acceded on January 10, 2002; international bilateral agreements on mutual recognition and equivalence of documents on education and academic titles, Agreements on cooperation in the field of education (Tashkent, May 15, 1992); Law of Ukraine "On Education", Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education", Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine "Some issues of recognition in Ukraine of foreign educational documents" from 05.05.2015 № 504 and other current regulations of Ukraine, Regulations on the Commission Kyiv National University of Technology and Design on the recognition of foreign documents on education, the Procedure for recognition of foreign documents on education at the Kyiv National University of Technology and Design, the Charter of the University.
Documents that do not require the procedure of recognition in Ukraine
1) Educational documents of the Soviet Union, was issued till 15th of May 1992 (on cooperation on the signing of the basis in the field of education (Tashkent, 1992). Countries- Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Republic of Uzbekistan.
2) documents issued to individuals upon completion of training before the start of the
The reasons for the refusal of recognition
The decision about refusal in recognition of the submitted document is accepted by the competent authority if:
1) documents issued by educational institutions that are not officially recognized in the education system of the state in which they operate;
2) documents issued by branch of educational institutions, if such branches are not officially recognized in the education system of the state in whose territory they carry out educational activity of the branch, if the legislation of a foreign state;
3) the documents do not contain information about obtaining the owner stage of higher education, professional specialization or professional retraining, as well as the periods of training which are academic and / or professional license (continuing education and / or employment)
4) documents illegally issued by the educational institution of another state;
5) documents are not authentic;
6) documents issued by the training results for the period is less than one academic year of study;
7) the documents issued by results of training, during which the total earned number of credits less than 30 credits of the European credit transport accumulation system (ECTS) (or equivalent number of academic hours);
8) the documents do not conform to approved standard of education documents, if such standard is accepted in the state in which the educational institution;
9) documents issued as a result of the programme, which cannot be correlated with any degree of higher education, professional specialization, direction of training (specialty, qualification) system of education of Ukraine;
10) documents are not recognized in the state, which owns an educational institution;
11) the documents do not contain complete information about the content of the curriculum, which makes it impossible to establish equivalence has on the documents of higher education, professional specialization or professional retraining in the system of education of Ukraine;
12) it is established that the document on education acquired based on an inauthentic document on the previous education;
13) it is established that the document on education obtained on the basis of document about the previous education, which gave its owner the relevant academic rights (unless otherwise provided by the legislation of the country of origin of the document about education).
List of documents for recognition at the Kyiv National University of Technology and Design of higher and secondary education degrees obtained in foreign educational institutions:
2. The certified copy of legalized foreign educational document and its certified Ukrainian translation (the original of the document if necessary).
3. The certified copy of legalized supplement to the foreign educational document and its certified Ukrainian translation (the original of the document if necessary). The supplement should contain the information about the mode and the duration of study (years and/or semesters), the list of course units and/or subjects, the total (weekly) amount of in class and individual hours and/or credits, and other details of academic activity.
The documents referred to in subparagraphs 1 and 2 of this paragraph must be certified in their country of origin in the manner officially applied in that country (for States Parties to the Convention abolishing the requirement of legalization of foreign official documents (The Hague, 1961), affixing the stamp "Apostille").
Documents issued in countries with which Ukraine has bilateral or multilateral agreements containing provisions on the recognition of documents without additional certification do not require mandatory certification with the stamp "Apostille". Apostille stamping is recommended to expedite the recognition procedure. If the Document is not certified in the country of issue in the manner officially applied in that country, or if the certification does not confirm its authenticity, the Commission shall take measures to verify the authenticity of such Document.
4. Photocopies of the documents confirming previous education (secondary, vocational or higher) if applicable).
5. Copies of documents certifying the identity of the applicant and the owner of a foreign educational document, if the applicant is not the owner (if necessary - with translations into Ukrainian).
6. A copy of the document on the change of the surname of the owner of the foreign document on education (if necessary).
7. Application (consent) for verification of personal data, which is signed by the owner of the Document (Appendix №2).
8. Application (consent) for the processing of personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Law of Ukraine "On Personal Data Protection" (Appendix №3).
The upper part of this application is filled in and signed by the owner of the Document, the lower - by the Applicant. If the Applicant is personally the owner of the Document, only the upper part of the application is filled in.
9. Document confirming payment for the recognition service or a copy of a document confirming the right to exemption from payment.
10. Duly certified document confirming the authority of the Applicant, if the Application is submitted by a person representing the interests of the owner of the Document.
11. Other documents confirming the education of the owner (if necessary - with translations into Ukrainian) and / or qualifications of the owner, documents on admission to professional activities, practical experience (if necessary - with translations into Ukrainian).
12. Agreement on the provision of services for comparative analysis of educational programs.