The purpose of the Procedure of recognition of foreign documents on education (previously validation) to ensure the rights of citizens who received education in other States for continued education and / or professional activities in Ukraine and is carried out individually.
The result of the recognition procedure the holder of foreign documents on education receives a Certificate that evidences the right of the owner of the documents issued by an educational institution of another state, in further education or employment in a higher educational institution of Ukraine or in institutions throughout Ukraine. The issuance of such Certificate shall be based on the decision of the competent authority - educational institutions or the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine.
The procedure of recognition of foreign documents on education includes: authentication of documents, confirmation of the status of educational institutions and / or Programs, assessment of qualifications or period of study, and establishment of equivalence of educational or educational-professional degree in Ukraine, academic and / or professional rights.
The procedure of recognition of foreign documents on education is substantially reformed in accordance with the Law of Ukraine "On higher education". The normative act regulating the procedure of recognition in Ukraine by all authorities is the Order of MES from 05.05.2015, No. 504, registered in the Ministry of justice of Ukraine 27.05.2015 No. 614/27059. This order was put into effect the order of recognition obtained in a foreign higher educational institutions higher education degrees and documents on secondary, secondary professional education.
Recognition in Ukraine of foreign documents on education is carried out in full compliance with the Convention on the recognition of qualifications concerning higher education in the European region, which has been ratified by the relevant Law of Ukraine of 03.12.1999, № 1273-XIV, and recommendations of the Convention.
Documents that do not require the procedure of recognition in Ukraine
1) Educational documents of the Soviet Union, was issued till 15th of May 1992 (on cooperation on the signing of the basis in the field of education (Tashkent, 1992). Countries- Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Republic of Uzbekistan.
2) documents issued to individuals upon completion of training before the start of the
The reasons for the refusal of recognition
The decision about refusal in recognition of the submitted document is accepted by the competent authority if:
1) documents issued by educational institutions that are not officially recognized in the education system of the state in which they operate;
2) documents issued by branch of educational institutions, if such branches are not officially recognized in the education system of the state in whose territory they carry out educational activity of the branch, if the legislation of a foreign state;
3) the documents do not contain information about obtaining the owner stage of higher education, professional specialization or professional retraining, as well as the periods of training which are academic and / or professional license (continuing education and / or employment)
4) documents illegally issued by the educational institution of another state;
5) documents are not authentic;
6) documents issued by the training results for the period is less than one academic year of study;
7) the documents issued by results of training, during which the total earned number of credits less than 30 credits of the European credit transport accumulation system (ECTS) (or equivalent number of academic hours);
8) the documents do not conform to approved standard of education documents, if such standard is accepted in the state in which the educational institution;
9) documents issued as a result of the programme, which cannot be correlated with any degree of higher education, professional specialization, direction of training (specialty, qualification) system of education of Ukraine;
10) documents are not recognized in the state, which owns an educational institution;
11) the documents do not contain complete information about the content of the curriculum, which makes it impossible to establish equivalence has on the documents of higher education, professional specialization or professional retraining in the system of education of Ukraine;
12) it is established that the document on education acquired based on an inauthentic document on the previous education;
13) it is established that the document on education obtained on the basis of document about the previous education, which gave its owner the relevant academic rights (unless otherwise provided by the legislation of the country of origin of the document about education).