According to the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”:
Article 62. Rights of higher education seekers:
1. Higher education seekers are entitled to:
1) the choice of education form when entering a higher education institution;
2) safe and harmless conditions of study, work, and life;
3) off-hour labour activity;
4) additional paid leave in connection with studies at the main place of work, reduced working hours and other benefits provided by law for persons who combine work with studying;
5) free use of libraries, information funds, educational, scientific, and sports facilities of higher education institutions;
6) free provision of information for education in accessible formats with the use of technologies that take into account the limitations of life due to health conditions (for people with special educational needs);
7) use of production, cultural-educational, household, health-improving bases of the higher education institution in the order provided by the statute of the higher education institution;
8) hostel accommodation with round-the-clock access for the period of study in the manner prescribed by law;
9) participation in scientific, research and development work, conferences, symposiums, exhibitions, competitions, presentation of their works for publication;
10) participation in events on educational, scientific, research, sports, artistic, public activities held in Ukraine and abroad, in the manner prescribed by law;
11) participation in the discussion and resolution of issues on improving the educational process, research, scholarships, leisure, life, rehabilitation;
12) making proposals on the terms and amount of tuition fees;
13) participation in public associations;
14) participation in the activities of public self-government bodies of higher education institutions, institutes, faculties, departments, the Academic Councils of higher education institutions, student self-government bodies;
15) the choice of courses within the limits provided by the relevant educational program and curriculum, in the amount of not less than 25 percent of the total number of ECTS credits provided for this level of higher education. In this case, seekers of a certain level of higher education have the right to choose courses offered for other levels of higher education, with the approval of the head of the relevant faculty or department;
16) study simultaneously according to several educational programs, as well as in several higher education institutions, provided that only one higher education for each degree is obtained at the expense of the state (local) budget;
17) academic mobility, including international;
18) receiving social assistance in cases established by law;
19) counting periods of full-time study in higher education institutions, post-graduate schools, doctoral studies, internships, residency, subject to voluntary payment of insurance premiums, in the contribution period according to the Law of Ukraine “On Compulsory State Pension Insurance”;
20) academic leave or a break in studies with the preservation of certain rights of the higher education seeker, as well as the resumption of studies in the manner prescribed by the central executive body in the field of education and science;
21) participation in the formation of an individual curriculum;
22) moral and/or material encouragement for success in education, research and public work, for artistic and sports achievements, etc.;
23) protection from all forms of exploitation, physical and mental violence;
24) free internships at enterprises, institutions, establishments and organizations, as well as wages during the performance of production functions in accordance with the law;
25) vacation lasting at least eight calendar weeks per academic year;
26) targeted preferential state loans for higher education in the manner prescribed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
27) appeal against the actions of the governing bodies of higher education institutions and their officials, pedagogical and scientific-pedagogical workers;
28) special training and rehabilitation support and free access to the infrastructure of the higher education institution in accordance with medical and social indications in the presence of health restrictions due to health conditions.
2. Higher education seekers who study full-time at the expense of state or local budgets have the right to receive academic and social scholarships in the manner prescribed by law.
3. Higher education seekers who study full-time may receive other scholarships awarded by individuals (legal entities).
4. Social scholarships are awarded to students (cadets) of higher education institutions in the manner prescribed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Students (cadets) of higher education institutions who are orphans and children deprived of parental care, as well as students (cadets) of higher education institutions who lost their parents during the period of study at the age of 18-23 years, have a guaranteed right to social scholarships, receiving an academic scholarship as well.
Academic scholarships are awarded to persons who have achieved significant success in education and/or research in accordance with the criteria established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The share of students (cadets) eligible for academic scholarships is set by the Academic Council of the higher education institution within the total percentage of students (cadets) eligible for academic scholarships and the scholarship fund determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Students (cadets) of higher education institutions who are entitled to receive a social scholarship and acquire the right to receive an academic scholarship are provided with one type of scholarship of their choice.
5. The amount of academic and social scholarships, the procedure for their award and payment shall be established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
6. For students (cadets) of scarce specialties (specializations) (in the fields of education, mathematics, science, engineering), an increased amount of academic scholarship is established. The list of such specialties (specializations) and the amount of increase are determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
9. Higher education seekers who study full-time are entitled to preferential travel in the manner prescribed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
10. Students and cadets of higher education institutions are enabled to receive a student ID card, a sample of which is approved by the central executive body in the field of education and science.
Article 63. Duties of higher education seekers:
1. Higher education seekers undertake to:
1) comply with the requirements of the legislation, statutory documents, and rules of procedure of the higher education institution;
2) comply with the requirements of labor protection, safety, industrial sanitation, fire safety, provided by the relevant rules and regulations;
3) comply with the requirements of the educational (scientific) program (individual curriculum) (if available), adhering to academic integrity, and achieve the learning outcomes defined for the relevant level of higher education.