XIV. Peculiarities of admission of foreigners and stateless persons to higher education institutions
14.1. Admission to higher education institutions of foreigners and stateless persons is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine "On Higher Education", "On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons", "On Ukrainians Abroad", "On Refugees and Persons in Need of Additional or of temporary protection ", the Decree of the President of Ukraine from 03.06.1994 № 271 "On measures for the development of economic cooperation of regions of Ukraine with adjacent regions of the Republic of Belarus and administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova", the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 11.09.2013 № 684 "Some issues of recruitment for training of foreigners and stateless persons", the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from 01.11.2013 № 1541 "Some issues of organization of recruitment and training (internship) of foreigners and stateless persons", registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on November 25, 2013 for № 2004/24536.
14.2. Foreigners and stateless persons (hereinafter - foreigners) may obtain higher education at the expense of individuals and/or legal entities, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine, the binding nature of which is approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, legislation or agreements between higher education institutions. International academic mobility.
Admission of foreigners to higher education institutions at the expense of the state budget is carried out within the quotas for foreigners (except for foreigners and stateless persons, including foreign Ukrainians permanently residing in Ukraine, persons recognized as refugees and persons in need additional protection).
Admission to study of foreign citizens and stateless persons is carried out on accredited educational programs.
14.3. Enrolment of entrants from among foreigners to study at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities is carried out by KNUTD twice a year, before and at the beginning of academic semesters:
for bachelor's and master's degrees
from 16.01.2021 to 01.03.2021 and from 15.06.2021 to 01.11.2021.
KNUTD calculates the points/grades of the entrant on the basis of the document on the previous level of education and sets the minimum required for entry the number of points/grades in general subjects from which the entrance test is conducted (on the basis of PZSO - 100 points, on the basis of educational levels - 100 points) .
Enrolment of foreigners in the appropriate level of higher education is based on the results of entrance examinations in certain subjects and language of instruction and based on academic rights to continue education, provided by the document on the level of education in the country of origin, and taking into account success points. Continuing education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document on the degree (level) of education.
14.4. All categories of foreigners entering the study are enrolled in the KNUTD on the basis of enrolment orders. Confirmation of the fact of training can be a certificate generated in EDEBO.
14.5. Foreigners who receive state scholarships under international agreements, national programs, and other international obligations of Ukraine are admitted to study within the established quotas for foreigners on the basis of directions from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
14.6. Foreigners who enter the KNUTD to participate in academic mobility programs or to obtain higher education in educational programs agreed between Ukrainian and foreign higher education institutions are admitted to study, taking into account the relevant contractual obligations of the relevant higher education institutions.
14.7. Foreign Ukrainians who are legally present in Ukraine and whose status is certified by a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian, when entering higher education institutions of Ukraine enjoy the same rights to education as citizens of Ukraine, except as provided by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international agreements approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians, whose status is certified by a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (except for persons permanently residing in Ukraine), may enrol in state-ordered education within the established quotas for foreigners by interview in subjects provided by the Rules of Admission.
14.8. Foreigners and stateless persons, including foreign Ukrainians permanently residing in Ukraine, persons recognized as refugees, and persons in need of additional protection, have the right to receive higher education on an equal footing with citizens of Ukraine, including at the expense of the state or local budget.
14.9. Entrance examinations for admission to the bachelor's, master's degree are conducted in several stages:
from 17.01.2021 to 28.02.2021 and
from 15.06.2021 to 28.10.2021.
Upon admission to the educational degree "bachelor" on the basis of complete general secondary education, entrance examinations are conducted by subject (certification) commissions of the university in the following general subjects (creative competitions):
Entrance tests (interviews)
1) creative competition (drawing);
2) Ukrainian language or English language
015 Professional Education;
071 Accounting and taxation;
072 Finance, Banking and Insurance;
076 Business, trade and exchange activities;
122 Computer Science;
133 Mechanical engineering;
131 Applied mechanics;
141 Power, electrical engineering and electrician engineering;
151 Automation and computer integrated technologies;
182 Light Industry Technology
161 Chemical Technology and Engineering;
162 Biotechnology and Engineering;
226 Pharmacy (Industrial Pharmacy)
1) mathematics or chemistry or physics or biology
2) Ukrainian language or English language
To obtain a bachelor's degree on the basis of a previously obtained educational degree (educational qualification level), foreigners take a professional entrance examination and an entrance examination in the language of instruction (Ukrainian or English); to obtain a master's degree, a professional entrance exam and an entrance exam in a foreign language.
14.10. For acceptance of documents and entrance examinations at foreigners selection, subject examination, professional attestation, subject and appellate commissions from among scientific and pedagogical workers and educational and administrative staff of KNUTD, scientific and pedagogical (pedagogical) workers of other educational institutions are created. and representatives of foreign educational institutions.
14.11. To enter KNUTD, foreigners and stateless persons submit the following documents:
1) a document (original and its copy) on the previously obtained educational (educational-qualification) level, on the basis of which the entry is made;
2) appendix (original and its copy) to the document on the previously obtained educational (educational-qualification) level, on the basis of which the entry is made (if any);
3) academic certificate issued by a foreign / Ukrainian educational institution (in case of transfer or renewal to study, starting from the second year, an academic certificate is attached);
4) the original and a copy of the document, which contains information about the content of the curriculum at the previous level of higher education, credits, duration of study and academic performance (in the absence of this information in the annex to the document on education), upon admission to obtain a master's degree, if the lack of this information makes it impossible to recognize the qualification of the document;
5) a copy of the passport document of the foreigner or the document certifying the stateless person;
6) health insurance policy, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine;
7) 12 photos graphs measuring 30 × 40 mm;
8) a copy of the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if available);
9) a research proposal in the chosen scientific specialty or a list of published scientific works and inventions in Ukrainian or English certified in accordance with the established procedure at the candidate's place of work / study shall be additionally submitted upon admission to postgraduate studies. To enter the doctoral program, the following are submitted in addition in Ukrainian or English: thematic plan of the dissertation work for obtaining the scientific degree of Doctor of Sciences; a copy of the diploma on awarding the corresponding scientific degree;
10) foreigners who enroll in academic mobility programs, submit documents approved by the rules of admission to higher education institutions and/or provided by the requirements of international programs and/or agreements under which academic mobility is implemented.
The documents referred to in sub-clauses 1-5 of this clause must be translated into Ukrainian with a notarized translation.
The documents referred to in subparagraphs 1-4 of this paragraph must be certified in the country of issue in the manner officially used in that country for such certification, and legalized by the relevant foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine.