The history of the Faculty of Fashion Industry is related to the history of our University. The road of our Faculty began in the 1930s.
On October 1, 1930, Kyiv Polytechnic University of Leather Industry was founded and it had three faculties: Chemical and Technological, Mechanical and Technological, Economic and Engineering.
In October 1930, Kyiv Textiles Institute was founded., which was relocated to Kharkiv in 1934.
The University had four faculties in its structure: Garment Technology, Economic, Chemical Technology of Fibrous Products and Mechanical Technology of Fibrous Products.
On May 20, 1944, Kyiv Technological University of Leather and Footwear Industry and Kyiv Textile Institute were united by the Decree of the Council of People’s Commissars of the USSR.
In June 1944, the new educational institution received the title Kyiv Technological University of Light Industry.
The structure of the Faculty of Technology included Clothing, Footwear and Knitwear specialties.
In 1994, there was the unification of the faculties of technological specialties at the Faculty of Light Industry Technologies, which in 2012 received the title of the Faculty of Technologies, Service and Fashion, and in 2017 – the Faculty of Fashion Industry.
Since 2004, the Faculty of Light Industry Technologies has been headed by PhD in Engineering, Professor Liudmyla Zubkova.
Nowadays, the Faculty of Fashion Industry is one of the leading faculties at the University. It has been training specialists of the highest qualification for 80 years.
Every year, the training process improves, professionalism of the teaching staff increases, and the organizational structure of the Faculty is refined. Classrooms, laboratory facilities, and experimental workshops, equipped with computers, audiovisual and controlling means of education, are updated. Young scientists can continue their training doing postgraduate and doctorate courses.