Kyiv Institute at the Qilu University of Technology is a Chinese-Ukrainian education institution – the Qilu University of Technology / Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design, located in Jinan, Changqing District, Shandong Province, People's Republic of China. It was established in 2019. Specialists are trained with the degree of Bachelor in the specialty of Biotechnology and Bioengineering (Biotechnology Educational program (EP)); Design (Design by Types VP); Chemical Technology and Engineering (Technology and Examination of Leather and Fur EP), and the degree of Master in the specialty of Pharmacy, Industrial Pharmacy (Industrial Pharmacy EP).
The first admission to the bachelor degree course was held in 2019 in the amount of 224 students. The training is carried out in English.
The training at Kyiv Institute is carried out at the following educational degrees:
- Bachelor Degree (four years, additional language courses may be required)
- Master Degree (two years);
Issues of postgraduate training (three years); programs of advanced training, occupational retraining, distance and intramural-extramural education are currently being considered.
СA student studying at the Institute has the opportunity to continue his/her studies at KNUTD after two years of study in China. After completing his/her study, a student receives two diplomas in a state-approved format: the one of the Qilu University of Technology and Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design (KNUTD).
The essence of the program of double degrees (double diplomas) lies in the simultaneous mastering of two related educational programs of the Qilu University and KNUTD on the basis of the agreed unified curriculum and recognition by the partner institutions of higher education of periods of mobility, and transfer of credits (modules) of academic subjects studies at the institution of higher education. The double degree program assumes that the educational program is based on a common substantive and structural basis, while each partner completes it with his own courses, resulting in the opportunity for a student to learn two similar programs, using the mechanism of recognition of periods of mobility and transfer of academic subjects common to two programs in each of the partner institutions of higher education. To study under this program, a student is enrolled at the Qilu University and KNUTD at the same time.
The joint master degree and postgraduate programs will be implemented through the academic mobility of students, graduate students, teachers, as well as joint management of a thesis, within which partner studies are conducted.
Main areas of activity of Kyiv Institute:
- Development of international cooperation and partnership between KNUTD and the Qilu University of Technology;
- Implementation and management of the educational process in accordance with the agreed common curricula and schedules of the educational process under the appropriate higher educational degrees;
- Ensuring the quality of the educational process in accordance with the standards of higher education of Ukraine and China;
- Management of internships and advanced training of the academic staff of KNUTD on the basis of Kyiv Institute and the Qilu University of Technology;
- Organization and participation in international events: conferences, seminars, forums, competitions, exhibitions, etc.